UPDATE: The 2009 VTSS Inaugural Event, with over 600 attendees was a great success. We had incredible support for VT business donors and an exciting night in Washington. 2009 event information is saved below. Early planning is underway for the 2013 inaugural!
We are pleased to announce that we have secured a date and location for the Vermont State Society Presidential Inaugural Reception! We will be having our reception at 101 Constitution Ave, NW, on Sunday, January 18th from 8-11PM. The location is a block from the Capitol and we will have access to the roof which overlooks the swearing-in stage!Steven Goodman.
Tickets are now available for credit card purchase through PayPal (see below).
We are in the process of looking for Vermont vendors to donate goods including food, alcohol and merchandise. Please call 802-233-6792 if you, or a company you know of would be interested in supporting the event by making a donation, which is tax-deductible. We look forward to seeing you on the 18th!
- 400 tickets will be sold online, on a first-come first-served basis. Tickets are priced at $100 or $500 levels. Tickets will be sent via email.
- All Vermonters and friends of Vermont are invited
- Corporate sponsorships are welcome (contributions may be tax deductible)
- The open bar cocktail reception will include generous donations by Vermont’s Magic Hat brewery, Dakin Farms, Fox Hill Farms, Mocha Joe’s, Shelburne Farms and Jasper Hill Farms.
- A live performance by Burlington Musician Lowell Thompson
- The Vermont Congressional delegation and Governor Dean are expected to attend
- Each ticket provides entry into raffle for Vermont goodies including Vermont Teddy Bear Company Obama bears!
Please note: VTSS ticket purchases by individuals are not tax-deductible, however donations to VTSS by businesses can be.
Thank you to the following Vermont businesses for their support: